Felicitous Natal Day

I started this post way back at the beginning of the day and here it is, 10:38 p.m. and I'm just getting back to it.  *sigh*  Such is life right now.

Anyway, today is the day we assume was Shakespeare's birthday.  It is also, by coincidence, or Providence as I prefer to say, the day he died.

So, in his honour (British spelling), I give you some of my favorite Shakespeare and Globe Theatre pictures.





John and I also celebrated by going out for dinner to a pub.  It didn't have the classic British pub atmosphere, but it was as close as we could get.  

John had fish and chips with an amber ale and I had sausage (aka bangers) and mash with a hard cider.  

We should celebrate Shakey's birthday more often!

On second thought, once a year is probably good.  My waistline has enough trouble without my eating sausage and mashed potatoes every day!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts