Challenge

I do apologize for being such a poor blogger.  I want to post more often, honest I do, but, well, life is...life.

And my life is a little more lively than usual at the moment!

Among other challenges, I am discovering the unique joys and challenges of parenting a newborn...

and teen-agers!



For one thing, the hours they keep are not compatible.

Last week on night, I was up late helping Micah finish the rough draft of his research paper.  Another night, Will was in a talkative mood after coming home from a party and I wanted to enjoy some relaxed time with him.

But, all the while, I knew that the baby was sleeping and my own precious sleep time was dwindling.

You know the sage advice, "Sleep when the baby sleeps."  Gee, those "old wives" knew what they were talking about.

Apparently, though, those old wives didn't have teens and a newborn at the same time!


On the positive (?) side, Evie acts as my alarm clock and gets me up at about 7 every morning so I can go and wake the boys for school.  No need for setting an alarm!

Win-win!  I guess.

Thankfully, the Lord has given me the stamina I need when I need it and the help I need when I need it.  He has also reminded me to be thankful  - and occasionally even joyful - when I remember that my children are a precious gift.

All of them.

All FIVE of them!

That makes me happy. I think I'll do a happy dance.  After I take a nap.

Comments

Popular Posts