The Merry Month of May

The month of May has been its usual busy self so far this year. This coming week will really be the height of the action-packed month with final rehearsals and performances of the 4th and 5th grade drama, "A Midsummer Night's Dream."



As always, we're having lots of fun with practices, but it's always a little more fun when the students suddenly realize just how close the performance really is. This little shot of fear is a great motivator. We had a dismal dress rehearsal Friday afternoon, but I anticipate the rate of improvement to accelerate rapidly this week and we will pull off a creditable performance on Thursday night. Still, a good dose of prayer would not be amiss, if you know what I'm sayin.'


At the beginning of May, I also added babysitting two days a week into the lively mix of games, practices, lessons, errands, meetings, play dates, etc. in our lives.


A little more than twelve years ago, when William was about a month old, I started babysitting a baby who was just a month older than my own baby. This arrangement was a total disaster from my perspective. I was so new to motherhood; I had little idea of what I was doing with my own baby, let alone someone else's. I had to nurse and bottle-feed at the same time, or as was more often the case, listen to one scream while I fed the other. I was so relieved when we moved to Dayton and I could stop this job. I swore that I would never babysit again.


But, three babies and much experience later, I felt ready to tackle the challenge again. I know I went back on a promise to myself (and to John. He wasn't a fan of "psycho-wife."), but it's okay this time. I am really enjoying little Joseph. He is two months old and very sweet.

I'm pretty sure it helps that my own "baby" is now four years old and potty-trained.

And my hormones are not recovering from pregnancy.

And I usually get 7-8 hours of solid sleep every night.

Those things might make a little bit of a difference.

So, we've thrown these things into the mix of our usual mayhem. And that is this month's excuse for why I haven't kept up my blog better.

Comments

Popular Posts