Ten Years Ago Today

Can't believe it's been ten years since Micah was born. He was born at about 3 p.m. on January 29. My dad's birthday is the 30th, but at that point I wasn't going to wait nine more hours so they could share a birthday!

It was Super Bowl weekend, so the day after Micah was born, John brought pizza to my hospital room and we watched the first half of the Super Bowl together. The pizza was a big deal because I had a c-section with my first birth and had a liquid diet for several days. Micah was a VBAC so I was cleared for pizza. This must be why now Micah's favorite food is pizza.

We didn't know then what a joy Micah would turn out to be. He has a great sense of humor and even a sense of timing to go with it. He is thoughtful and tender-hearted. He hates eating anything remotely vegetable-related and has a hard time focusing on the task at hand, always getting distracted by something infinitely more fun and interesting than finding shoes or cleaning up his bedroom. I have every confidence that even these will turn into a strength of his at some point down the road. Micah has an infectious giggle and big brown eyes that twinkle with mischief.

We love you, Micah!

Comments

Popular Posts