A Cowgirl's Dream

Like most pre-teen girls (and a lot of teen, 20-something, 30-something, 40-something, etc. girls), Johanna loves horses.  

So, a-way back in March, I bought a LivingSocial deal for a 1.5 hour riding lesson at Woodloch Stables up in Hugo.  

Well, with one thing and another, I put off scheduling the lesson until things slowed down a little. 

Last week, I finally decided to dig back through e-mails and actually read the details of this deal.  I found, to my deep dismay, that it had already expired.  

But, with my daughter's happiness on the line, I called the stables and begged them to let us use the coupon anyway.  They said yes.  I think they figured that the possibility of a new paying customer outweighed the arbitrary expiration date of the offer.  Very true.  And very appreciated.

So, last night, we went and Johanna got to join some Girl Scouts in a group riding lesson.

The teacher, Bill, immediately reminded me of Clancy from "The Man from Snowy River." 
He didn't' have long handlebars on his mustache, but put Bill in a cowboy hat and give him an Australian accent, and there ya go.  

He was a good and patient teacher (the other girls were quite little, maybe second grade) and Johanna learned a lot.  

She didn't get as much riding time as she would have liked, but the lesson went well over 2 hours so we certainly got our money's worth.  

I only had my camera phone to record the fun, so please pardon the quality.    


Comments

Popular Posts