Poetry?

Today I assigned my 7th grade English class to write a poem which incorporates all 10 of this week's vocabulary words. 

Since William was whining about the assignment, I decided to give it a try myself and see what sort of masterpiece I could some up with. 

Here is my attempt.  I've underlined all of the vocab words.

I lie here listless and cold
in my confidential boudoir.
My love, once ardent and urbane,
is remiss in his attentions to me.
I, who once boasted of the imminent conquest
of his heart,
now sit tentative, perturbed, unsure of myself.
My own heart is nonplussed by
his cold departure.

Whaddaya think?  Am I a poet?  Or should I keep my day job? 

Comments

  1. Stop that rhyming and I mean it! :) Good job - I found it rather Sylvia Plath-ish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts