Bedroom Makeover

To my husband's chagrin, I am occasionally stricken with inspiration and when inspiration strikes, action must follow. John thinks I can't leave well enough alone; I call it inspiration, or, if you like, homemaking. My way of making a house into our home; putting a unique stamp on this space for the time we have it.



Some women think that homemaking means cleaning. I like to think that I'm beyond such mundane definitions of homemaking.



Sparkling floors don't make a house a home. No sir, ma'am.



Forgive me if I wax lyrical. This is the realm of inspiration, after all.



All this to say that I finally decided to tackle the master bedroom and make it into the inviting retreat we want and need.


Here's the "before" picture. You know, the one where the room isn't wearing any makeup and is frowning slightly just to emphasize the crow's feet and crease lines.



(The pile of stuff on the bed is part of the staging; it's supposed to be there. Ahem.)

As rooms go, it's fairly inoffensive but deadly dull. Dare I call it "blah?"





Enter, color!






And white, lovely white. (Do not even ask me how long the white will stay white. Do. Not. Resist those "buzzkill" urges. Believe me, we'll all be happier.)









I still want a new light fixture, something shiny and crystal-y, I think.


I did this for about $150. I don't like to be too specific on those dollar figures, though, because, really, can you put a price on inspiration?


Don't answer that, dear.


So now we have our lovely oasis, our own "blue heaven." As soon as we get the deadbolt put on the sound-proof door.


I am so happy with our new room! I think I'll stay in bed all day tomorrow just to show how much I love it! Can I?


Don't answer that, dear.


And next time inspiration strikes, don't even bother to remind me of how sore it makes my muscles and how the rest of the house goes to pot and how much I hate painting projects. Don't bother. Inspiration cannot be denied.


And look at that room. Inspired. If I do say so myself.

Comments

  1. OOH, I really like that color of blue. I notice y'all don't have a headboard either....that's how all the cool people do it. :) Great post. Ken WISHES I would get inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts