No comment

So, after Thursday's travelogue, I have no comments or reactions. Does that mean no one's read it or that you're all creeped out by our near miss with the beds? I wonder. I'm just trying to be completely honest around here, you know, and that can be a mighty uncomfortable thing.



Don't shoot the messenger.



I don't always find the best cliche for a particular situation, but I try.



Anyhoo...



I thought I would share a couple of pictures from our vacation.


We started out at Grandpa and Grandma Shaw's in Ohio. We saw many friends and relatives in Columbus and Dayton, although, alas, we couldn't see everyone we wanted to see!


One of the highlights of the week for the kids was getting to open Easter baskets. These baskets (or bags, as the case may be) are a long-standing tradition in the Shaw family. John's mom spends months assembling the toys and books and candy which go into these. With the grandkids growing up and getting older, that tradition may not continue much longer, but we're thankful for it while it lasts!




After Ohio, we went on an overnight visit to West Virginia to see John's brother, Jeff, and his family. Next morning, we drove to Pennsylvania.
A favorite tradition at my parents' church, the church where I grew up, is the St. Patrick's Day pancake breakfast and I was so glad that our visit coincided with the famous event again this year. The men of the church man the griddles and any time a woman appears in the doorway to the kitchen, the cooks bang spatulas and yell until she disappears again.
One can special order pancakes in any shape and the cooks will try to fill it. These guys have become quite skilled over the years. Sam ordered a Mr. Potato Head pancake and this was the result. Pretty creditable, I'd say.

By the end of vacation, we had driven countless miles, visited with numerous old friends and every family member we could find, and had a thoroughly good time.

Comments

Popular Posts