February

Hello, February!

January went by in a bit of a blur!

Recovering from the holidays, basketball, play rehearsals, driving, eating, cleaning, growing, learning - all the stuff of daily life.  I'm thankful for it; thankful that we can have a routine and keep doing all these really good things.  I know not everyone has the luxury of a regular routine, so I am taking the time to be thankful!

With it being the evaluate-your-life time of year, you have probably heard somewhere about being "mindful" in our lives and this is a good thing, particularly if it reminds us to be thankful, not just aware.

One of the ways I am trying to be mindful these days is by keeping a bullet journal.  Ideally this functions as a planner, art notebook, and journal all in one.  So far, I am doing pretty well on the planner part, occasionally good with the art part and not so good with the journaling part.  By the end of the day, I just forget to write down all the busy things we've done that day!

But that's okay.  Just seeing my calendar and to-do list will remind the future me of this time and place.



It is a fun way to be a little bit artistic and a little bit more organized. 

I love that I can customize it to how I think and function; I can keep track of the things I want to track, keep a to-do list, etc. and do it in a way that makes sense to me, not some planner expert at corporate.  I know by now that I don't think like planning experts! 

Through trial and error (not really error, just less helpful), I came up with a layout that I really like and, just to make my life a little easier, I made some photocopies of it so I can just cut and paste the bare-bones layout each week.  Then I can dress it up as I have time and inclination.

Wow.  Only 43 years old and already I've found a way to stay sort of organized!

Oh, well.  Better late than never, right?

Comments

Popular Posts