Cookie Decorating Day

Today was the day to decorate Christmas cookies, always a fun day. I cut out and bake the cookies some other day so when it's time for frosting we can focus on frosting! Everyone helps out, except Daddy. Daddy won't wield a knife himself, but he hovers around offering encouragement and criticism where needed (as he defines need, of course).
I think I could title this photo, "Focus."

Always lots of laughter and many sticky smiles for this annual family event!
I'm happy to say that for the first time, I was easily able to give up control of the cookie decorating and allow the kids to make whatever hideous color combinations they wanted to. I completely overlooked the uneven coverage and stray drips and blobs. This year, whatever they wanted to call a masterpiece was a masterpiece for me. Most of you will know that I'm pretty laid back about most things, but there are a few things I have trouble letting go of. In earlier years, cookie decorating was among those things; this year, meh. Let them have fun. So, you see, you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Comments

  1. Okay...I can let my kids do it themselves this year...I can! (I even have to re-wrap their gifts)...This year I will try to do better!

    P.S......Love the turban! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts