Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cookie Decorating Day

Today was the day to decorate Christmas cookies, always a fun day. I cut out and bake the cookies some other day so when it's time for frosting we can focus on frosting! Everyone helps out, except Daddy. Daddy won't wield a knife himself, but he hovers around offering encouragement and criticism where needed (as he defines need, of course).
I think I could title this photo, "Focus."

Always lots of laughter and many sticky smiles for this annual family event!
I'm happy to say that for the first time, I was easily able to give up control of the cookie decorating and allow the kids to make whatever hideous color combinations they wanted to. I completely overlooked the uneven coverage and stray drips and blobs. This year, whatever they wanted to call a masterpiece was a masterpiece for me. Most of you will know that I'm pretty laid back about most things, but there are a few things I have trouble letting go of. In earlier years, cookie decorating was among those things; this year, meh. Let them have fun. So, you see, you can teach an old dog new tricks!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I can let my kids do it themselves this year...I can! (I even have to re-wrap their gifts)...This year I will try to do better!

    P.S......Love the turban! HA!

    ReplyDelete